Some of the smoothies that have been featured on the Dr. Oz Show include an energy-boosting smoothie, the Hot Belly Diet's Superfood Smoothie, Dr. Sanjay Gupta's Super Smoothie and Dr. Oz's 30/30 smoothie. A full list of smoothies and recipes that have been featured on the Dr. Oz Show can be seen under the "Recipes" tab on the Dr. Oz official website.
This is a smoothie recipe that is designed to give quick, sustainable energy using healthy ingredients. It has less than 250 calories and is a great morning drink. It was featured on the Dr. Oz episode "That's What She Said: Top Female Doctors Set The Record Straight."
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Ingredients: (Note that all measurements have been standardized)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- dash of cinnamon
- Pour the peanut butter, the Greek yogurt, the cocoa powder and a couple ice cubes into a blender and blend completely at a high speed.
- Cut up a banana and put it into the mixture, and then continue blending until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture into two separate cups and, if desired, add a dash of cinnamon to each cup to add flavor.