While there are a myriad of ways to drop weight in a hurry, not all of them are healthy or recommended. This seven-day plan, which promises to help you lose 10 pounds, was created by Dr. Joel Furman and is highly recommended by Dr. Mehmet Oz. The plan focuses on healthy habits: focus 90 percent of your diet around nutrient-dense foods, incorporate berries, mushrooms and onions as often as possible, and consume a nutritious shake on a daily basis. Using these strategies not only helps with weight loss but also with establishing healthier eating habits.Continue Reading
For each of your three meals, Dr.Furman recommends replacing 90 percent of what you'd normally eat with more nutrient-dense foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and whole grains. The remaining 10 percent of your diet is for meats, fats and oils. For breakfast, oatmeal and fruit are a recommended option. At lunchtime, opt for beans and legumes instead of meat, and make dinner "lean and green" by focusing on lean protein and leafy green vegetables. Try low-fat fish or skinless chicken with spinach, eggplant or broccoli.
Dr. Furman recommends fat "BOMbs"--an acronym for berries, onions and mushrooms. These foods support a fat-loss diet by preventing the development of new blood vessels to be used by fat cells. These are called anti-angiogenic foods, and the more you consume, the faster your fat cells will die, and the faster you will see results.
Consuming an unhealthy diet with processed foods causes your body to accumulate toxins over time. To flush these toxins out of your system and kick-start weight loss, Dr. Furman recommends regularly consuming a health drink made with strawberries, lemon juice and pomegranate juice. Combine 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of strawberries, 4 ounces of pomegranate juice and a dash of lemon juice into a blender. Consume the drink daily.
According to WebMD, one method of losing 10 pounds quickly involves creating a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day, which allows a healthy person to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week. As the Mayo Clinic explains, a calorie deficit is defined by the difference between the number of calories a person eats and the number of calories the same person burns in a day.Full Answer >
Subtracting 500 to 1,000 calories from required calories per day indicates how many calories to consume to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week. One needs to consume 3,500 less per week to lose 1 pound or 7,000 less per week to lose 2 pounds.Full Answer >
A person with a body-mass-index (BMI) over 30, can lose 3 to 5 pounds a week by eating 800 calories a day. This leads to a total weight loss of about 44 pounds if the diet plan is followed for 12 weeks, according to WebMD.Full Answer >
The Mayo Clinic advises a person trying to lose weight quickly to follow a diet and exercise program where he aims to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week by burning 500 calories more per day than he consumes. Such a diet involves replacing high-calorie food with lower-calorie alternatives and increasing daily activity.Full Answer >