What Kind of Specialist Should You See About Gallbladder Polyps?


Quick Answer

A gastroenterologist can diagnose and treat any condition relating to the gallbladder, states the American College of Gastroenterology . Gastroenterologists have specific training and experience in managing diseases related to the entire gastrointestinal tract and the liver.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Gallbladder polyps are elevated lesions that project from the gallbladder wall, according to Radiopaedia.org. The condition is not uncommon among adults, and the polyps are usually benign. A gastroenterologist usually diagnoses gallbladder polyps during upper abdominal imaging in patients complaining of discomfort in that area. Treatment for the condition depends on the size of the lesions and can vary from a simple medical follow-up to a cholecystectomy, which is the surgical removal of the gallbladder.

Learn more about Conditions & Diseases

Related Questions