Bee stings are treatable with simple household products such as using tweezers to remove the stinger, icing the area to reduce swelling and using over-the-counter medicine to treat pain, states WebMD. There are a few things to note while treating a bee sting at home.Continue Reading
When removing the stinger, it is important to be gentle and not pinch the stinger, which can lead to more venom being injected, WebMD reports. In the event that a person was stung on a limb, it is wise to elevate it while controlling the swelling. Also remove things such as jewelry that fits tight, as swelling makes it difficult to remove. If there is no over-the-counter medicine in the home, then a mixture of baking soda and water can be used to help relieve the itching sensation.
Although these home remedies work well when dealing with bee stings, they do not help people who are severely allergic to them. In the event a person shows allergy symptoms after the bee sting, such as hives, a swollen tongue, difficulty breathing, dizziness or any other unusual reactions, then it is important to seek immediate medical attention as the bee sting could potentially be life-threatening, according to WebMD.Learn more about Insect & Animal Bites