Q:

What happens if you take too much ibuprofen?

A:

Quick Answer

Taking too much ibuprofen may cause ringing in the ears, blurred vision, diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, stomach pain and vomiting. It can also lead to difficulty breathing, headache, agitation, confusion, seizures, drowsiness, dizziness, unsteadiness, rash, sweating and coma, states MedlinePlus.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

It is best to contact poison control or emergency services immediately if ibuprofen overdose is suspected, according to MedlinePlus. Helpful information to share with emergency personnel includes the name and amount of the medication swallowed; the time the patient swallowed it; and the patient's age, weight and condition. Treatment for ibuprofen overdose involves close monitoring and possible administration of activated charcoal and laxatives. With proper treatment, full recovery is possible after ibuprofen overdose.

Learn more about Side Effects
Sources:

Related Questions

Explore