Q:

What happens if you eat moldy food?

A:

Quick Answer

Eating moldy foods may lead to respiratory conditions and allergic reactions, states USDA. Some molds may produce an element called mycotoxin, which may cause a person to feel sick.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

The threads of mold can be so deep in the food that scrubbing off the mold on the surface won't help at all. Mold can grow in any condition, including in the refrigerator, explains USDA. However, not all types of molds are harmful. There are certain types that are used in making foods, such as cheeses. Growth of mold can be prevented by thoroughly cleaning the areas where food is stored.

Learn more about Nutritional Amounts & Limits
Sources:

Related Questions

Explore