Q:

What will happen if I swallow my dental bridge?

A:

Quick Answer

Most swallowed objects leave the body on their own without a problem, says WebMD. It is advised to see a doctor if pain is experienced, or if the object has not left the body within a few days.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Pain in the abdomen or chest indicates the need for medical attention. An individual experiencing pain should take note of how long the pain lasts. Any pain lasting more than an hour after an object is swallowed may suggest a problem, according to WebMD.

It is possible a swallowed object can lodge itself within or puncture the esophagus, intestines or anus, reports the National Center for Biotechnology Information. These complications are rare, but require medical intervention. In some cases, surgery is required.

Learn more about Dental

Related Questions

Explore