How Do You Fill Out a Handicap Placard Form in Pennsylvania?


Quick Answer

The Pennsylvania Person with Disability Parking Placard Application requires the name and address of the person with the disability, an official third-party verification of the disability and certification from a public notary, according to the Pennsylvania state website. Applicants must mail all completed applications to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation's Bureau of Motor Vehicles in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

A family member can submit the Pennsylvania disabled parking placard application on behalf of an adult or minor child with a disability and for severely disabled veterans, explains DMV.org. Applicable disabilities include blindness, limited use of an upper or lower limb, and the use of portable oxygen. The application can cover either a temporary or a permanent placard.

The Pennsylvania disability parking placard application requires that applicants obtain verification of the disability from either a medical professional or a police officer, notes DMV.org. Acceptable licensed health care professionals include a chiropractors, physician's assistants and registered nurse practitioners, so long as the applicant's disability falls within the scope of the provider's normal practice. In addition to providers in Pennsylvania, health care providers licensed in New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia or Ohio can verify disabilities for the application.

Parking placard applications made by disabled veterans do not require the typical certification from a physician or police officer, indicates DMV.org. Instead, these applications require medical certification from a veterans administration regional office administrator, the veteran's designated representative or from the service unit in which the veteran served.

Learn more about Conditions & Diseases

Related Questions