Q:

What do you eat on the Waterfall Diet?

A:

Quick Answer

The Waterfall Diet allows subscribers to eat fresh fruit and vegetables, dried peas, edible beans, lentils, chickpeas, brown rice, nuts, seeds, soy products, tofu, chicken and fish. Alcohol, coffee, wheat-based cereals, dairy foods, pasta, processed and sugary foods, chocolate, mayonnaise, red meat and foods that contain flour are avoided.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

The purpose of the Waterfall Diet is to encourage the release of excess fluid in three phases. Phase one lasts for two months and involves identifying possible food allergens. This amount of time allows the body to clear itself of elements that may be causing fluid retention.

During the first week of phase two, egg-free wheat pasta, plain wheat crackers or wheat flour is added to learn if symptoms result, such as fatigue, sinus congestion, headache or drastic weight gain. Repeat the process during week two with the addition of dairy products. Add eggs during week three and yeast extract during week four, then surmise from the presence or lack of symptoms whether food allergy is an issue.

The goal of phase three is to keep water buildup from returning. Continue eating 90 percent of the foods allowed in phase one. Complete the remaining 10 percent by incorporating miscellaneous foods that do not include any proven allergy producers.

Learn more about Diet Plans

Related Questions

  • Q:

    What can you eat on a bariatric diet?

    A:

    There are no set foods that a person can eat on a bariatric diet, but meals should be limited to 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day and should be consist mostly of high-protein foods such as lean meats, eggs and soy products. A pre-surgery bariatric diet is different than a post-surgery bariatric diet.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    What are some tasty foods for a salt-free diet?

    A:

    Some tasty foods for a salt-free diet are fresh fruit, broiled meat, steamed vegetables, rice and pasta, as well as fresh herbs and seasonings such as bay leaf and curry. Salt-free diets should rely upon foods that have undergone a minimum of processing, as many processed foods, such as cured meats and instant ramen, contain large amounts of salt.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    What are some good foods for a fructose-free diet?

    A:

    Some good foods for a fructose-free diet include vegetables, whole grains, fish, poultry and nuts. Meat, milk, cheese, nuts and oils are also healthy fructose-free foods.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    What should you include on your Paleo Diet grocery list?

    A:

    Foods recommended for a paleo diet grocery list include grass-fed meats, poultry, fresh fruits and vegetables, and nuts and seeds, according to Ultimate Paleo Guide. Others include eggs and healthy oils, such as olive, walnut, flaxseed, macadamia, avocado and coconut oils.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:

Explore