Clorox products do not treat poison ivy, states the Clorox website. Bleach should not be applied to any body part for any reason. Bleach can cause severe chemical burns on skin, reports the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.Continue Reading
Washing the affected area with soap and water within five to 10 minutes of exposure to poison ivy may help to prevent the itching and discomfort associated with poison ivy exposure, according to Mayo Clinic.
Clorox states that their products may be used to clean clothing or other contaminated items to potentially prevent re-exposure to poison ivy. When cleaning with Clorox, be sure to follow the package instructions and wear appropriate protective gear, such as gloves and goggles.Learn more about Skin Conditions