What Are Some Career Options That Involve Care of the Elderly?


Quick Answer

Careers that involve care for the elderly include social work, physical therapy, recreational therapy and work as a nurse's aide and attendant. To start in any of these fields, a person should have specific training or a college degree and a professional license.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Social work entails attending to the elderly and their families by helping them find the necessary services, such as in-home care, hospice and sources of medical equipment. To be a social worker, a bachelor's degree is a requisite.

Physical therapists' work is to treat mobility problems among the elderly and rehabilitate injuries that are often a result of a fall. A doctoral degree and license by the state is a strict requirement before a person can offer physical therapy services.

Learn more about Older Adults

Related Questions