Where Can You Go to Get Treatment for a Buckle Fracture?


Quick Answer

A parent who suspects a child has had a buckle fracture should take him to a pediatrician’s office, emergency room or urgent care facility, advises the American Academy of Pediatrics. Until he can see a medical provider, the parent should immobilize the injury with a sling or soft splint.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

A buckle fracture occurs with the compression of one side of the bone so the outer layer separates and forms a buckle, according to OrthoInfo. Buckle fractures are stable, and the bones remain in place. The doctor diagnoses fractures using a physical exam and X-rays. Buckle fractures require treatment using a cast or splint.

Learn more about Breaks & Sprains

Related Questions