How Can You Find a Pain Management Doctor Through Medicaid?


Quick Answer

Because each state has a different method of administering Medicaid, the process of finding any doctor begins with contacting your state's Medicaid health plan directly, says Medicaid.gov. Either call the state Medicaid plan's member services department, visit its website for information, or go in person to speak to a representative.

Continue Reading
How Can You Find a Pain Management Doctor Through Medicaid?
Credit: Terry Vine Blend Images Getty Images

Full Answer

To find your state Medicaid office location and phone number, visit the State Medicaid and CHIP Profiles page on Medicaid.gov. Choose your state from the drop-down menu, and a link to the state's Medicaid plan website appears at the top of the page. Click on the link to go to the website, and follow the instructions. Some states offer the option to search for doctors by speciality, as shown on the State of Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing Medicaid Providers Web page. Keep in mind that doctors who specialize in pain management include neurologists, anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons and psychiatrists, according to WebMD. Therefore, you may need to search through several lists before finding a doctor to suit your needs.

An alternate way to find a pain specialist who accepts Medicaid is to contact doctors directly and ask what insurance they accept. As of 2015, a list of U.S. pain-management physicians is available on U.S. News and World Report Health website. Arranged by state, the list provides contact links and other information about pain management physicians in every state.

Learn more about Pain & Symptoms
Related Videos

Related Questions