Can You Overdose on Penicillin?


Quick Answer

It is possible to overdose on penicillin. Taking more than the recommended dosage of the antibiotic, which is commonly used to treat bacterial infections like ear infections and respiratory infections, can cause adverse health effects.

Continue Reading
Can You Overdose on Penicillin?
Credit: Jose Luis Palaez Blend Images Getty Images

Full Answer

According to the Drugs.com website, overdosing on penicillin can cause symptoms such as confusion, a skin rash and seizures. Infrequent urination and behavioral changes can also occur.

If a person suspects an overdose of this or any other medication, medical attention should be sought immediately. When taking penicillin and other prescription medications, it is vital to follow one's doctor's orders and take only the prescribed dosage.

Learn more about Medications & Vitamins
Related Videos

Related Questions