Where Can You Find a Doctor Who Handles Ingrown Toenail Removal?


Quick Answer

Either a family doctor or a foot specialist called a podiatrist can help diagnose and treat an ingrown toenail, states Mayo Clinic. To find a local podiatrist, the American Podiatric Medical Association offers a location search on its website.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Soaking the affected foot in warm water three to four times a day in 15 to 20-minute sessions is recommended by Mayo Clinic. This may ease tenderness and swelling. Applying antibiotic ointment and taking an over-the-counter pain reliever may also help. Medical treatment options include elevating the nail to help it grow properly, partially removing the nail, or in repeated cases, partially removing the nail along with some of the underlying tissue.

Learn more about Conditions & Diseases

Related Questions