Where Can You Go to Get a C-Reactive Protein Test?


Quick Answer

A person can get a C-reactive protein test at a doctor's office or clinic, but the blood sample may have to be sent to an outside lab for evaluation. C-reactive protein, which is one of the body's indicators for inflammation, can be measured in a simple blood test says WebMD.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

A doctor may want to check for C-reactive protein in a patient's blood because inflammation could indicate an infection or the presence of a chronic inflammatory disease, such as heart disease or lupus. Doctors may require their patients to fast if the blood is going to be tested not just for C-reactive protein level according to Mayo Clinic

Learn more about Diagnostics & Imaging

Related Questions