What Do You Call a Fear of Small Holes?


Quick Answer

The fear of small holes, specifically clusters of small holes, is called trypophobia, according to Scientific American. When exposed to the fear, sufferers typically experience elevated anxiety, irrational thought processes and a genuine feeling of fear.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

This is a real phobia that is as extreme as being afraid of the bubbles forming on top of pancakes as they cook. The extremes of this phobia are quite vast, according to Popular Science, and something as simple as a retracted pen can unnerve someone with this phobia. A phobia, such as trypophobia, is known to disrupt the daily activities of those experiencing distress from exposure, according to Popular Science. Most sufferers carry negative imagery from previous experiences that trigger the fear and symptoms that come with it.

Learn more about Mental Health

Related Questions