Are There Websites That Allow You to Access Military Records for Free?


Quick Answer

Military service records such as the DD214 Separation Document and medical records can be requested online through the National Archives. The Archives' eVetRecs tool allows veterans or next of kin of deceased veterans to request their records online, but a written or faxed signature is also required.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

There is usually no fee for military records requested by a veteran or next of kin if the records aren't archived. Archived records dating back to 62 years before the request year are open to the public and available online. Non-archived records requested through eVetRecs are delivered by mail and usually sent within 10 days, although it can take longer. Only limited information from military records are available to the general public without the written permission of the subject.

Learn more about Military

Related Questions