Is There a Way to Apply for U.S. Ctizenship Free?


Quick Answer

Applicants for U.S. citizenship may apply for a fee waiver, which requires a demonstrated inability to pay the application fee, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Applicants can submit Form I-912, Request for Fee Waiver, with their applications for U.S. citizenship.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

In 2015, an applicant is eligible to request a fee waiver exemption if he or qualified members of his household receive a means-tested benefit, his household income is at or below the 150 percent poverty level for his household size at the time of filing or he is experiencing financial hardship that prevents payment, states the USCIS. Financial hardship includes unexpected medical bills or emergencies. Fee waiver requests must be filed with paper applications.

Learn more about Immigration

Related Questions