How Do You Get Your W2?


Quick Answer

Employers are required to provide employees with their respective W-2 forms, which detail wages earned, for the prior calendar year by January 31. Employees should contact their human resource department to request a W-2 if it is not received by then.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

If the form has not been received by mid-February, individuals can also obtain it from the IRS. When contacting the IRS, employees must provide the employer's name, address and phone number, the dates of employment and an estimate of the amount of wages earned during the calendar year. Individuals can also file taxes without a W-2 using a substitute form issued by the IRS to report wages.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions