Will the U.S. Postal Service Forward a W-2 After an Address Change?

The U.S. Postal Service can forward a W-2 to a new address if it has been notified of the address change by the taxpayer. The Internal Revenue Service recommends that taxpayers notify their employers, the IRS and the USPS if their addresses have changed.

Taxpayers may notify the IRS of address changes when they fill out their tax forms. They can also notify the agency by using the agency's Change of Address Form or by writing to the IRS. When notifying the IRS of an address change, the taxpayer should include names, new addresses and social security numbers of all taxpayers in the household.