How Do You Submit a Payment Request to the Texas Workforce Commission?


Quick Answer

Submit a payment request by visiting the Request Benefits Payment page at the Texas Workforce Commission website. You can call the TWC customer service number, or submit an online request form. Make a phone request by calling 1-800-939-6631 and asking to speak with a representative. The TWC Tele-Center is available to accept calls Monday through Friday during business hours. Users must submit online requests through a registered account, and access requires a unique login and personal identification number.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

When submitting a payment request to the Texas Workforce Commission, you must be able to answer some work-related questions. TWC wants to know what weeks you worked, which might be week one, two or both weeks. Report the total number of gross hours you worked per week, and include hours for every job worked. Self-employed persons must report income earned for all work done, and this total includes payments not received at the time of reporting. Do your best to report all income received during a certain time period, because under reporting income leads to repayment of benefits, or potential fraud penalties.

Contact TWC as soon as possible and request payment to avoid missing the reporting deadline. Once you meet eligibility requirements for payment, TWC issues the first payment four weeks after submission of your benefits application.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions