How Do You Submit the I-90 Form to Get a Green Card?

To submit application form I-90 to replace a permanent resident card, either file online with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services or mail in the completed paper application by regular mail to the USCIS P.O. Box address in Phoenix, Arizona, as U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services explains. If sending an application by express mail or courier, mail it to the East Skyharbor street address in Phoenix, Arizona, provided on the USCIS website with "Attention:1-90" written on the envelope.

Residents may use form 1-90 to replace an existing green card if automatically converted to permanent residence status, to apply for a new card when an old one is about to expire, to acquire a new card after legally changing their names or other information, and to replace last, stolen or destroyed cards, according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Applying for a replacement requires paying a fee unless the applicant never initially received a card and has not moved from the given address or if the existing card contains incorrect information as a result of a Department of Homeland Security error. In addition to paying the filing fee, applicants may also need to pay a biometric services fee of $85 as of 2015.

After submitting a paper application and receiving notification of the account's acceptance, applicants may still create an online account to check the status of their cases. Then, they can receive case updates and notifications, respond to requests for evidence, and manage their contact information, as detailed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.