How Do You Get Social Security Forms Without Going to an Office?


Quick Answer

As of 2016, individuals can obtain Social Security forms by accessing the Forms page on SSA.gov. The Social Security Administration provides all of its forms free, notes the agency. Many, but not all, of the agency's forms are available on its website. Individuals who need forms that are not listed or who need assistance to complete forms can call 800-772-1213 (TTY 800-325-0778) or contact their local Social Security office.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Social Security Administration makes its forms available on its website for people to download, print, complete, and mail or take to a local office, explains the SSA. Popular forms available online include SS-5 Application for a Social Security Card, SSA-827 Authorization to Disclose Information to the Social Security Administration, SSA-561-U2 Request for Reconsideration and SSA-1696-U4 Appointment of Representative. Other available forms include SSA-3820-BK Disability Report - Child, CMS-40B Application for Enrollment in Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance), SSA-1-BK Application for Retirement Insurance Benefits and HA-501-U5 Request for Hearing by Administrative Law Judge. If a representative from a particular office requests forms from individuals, they should return the forms to the requesting office.

Form SSA-623-F6 Representative Payee Report is not available online, and people who need the forms must contact their local Social Security office, notes the SSA.

Learn more about US Government

Related Questions