When Should I Get My W2 From My Employer?

The IRS requires that employers send W-2 forms to anyone who earned wages in 2014 by Feb. 2, 2015. Taxpayers may contact the IRS for assistance if they have not received their W-2 forms by Feb. 14, 2015.

The IRS also states that individuals who have received a W-2 that has incorrect information need to contact their employer. However, if a person has not received a W-2, or information has not been corrected, by Feb. 14, 2015, the taxpayer should contact the IRS via phone at 800-829-1040. The IRS is then responsible for contacting the employer to obtain the missing or corrected forms.