What Should You Do If Your Former Employer Owes You Money?


Quick Answer

Steps you can take to collect money owed by a former employer include confronting the employer and advising him of the consequences of not paying owed wages. The final step would be to take him to court. It is illegal for a former employer to withhold owed wages from any employee, according to All in One Lawyer.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

A former employee should begin by knowing his or her rights by reading the employment acts for their state. Once they are familiar with their rights, a confrontation with the employer should occur, and the employee should always have a witness present who can testify in court if need be.

Learn more about Law

Related Questions