Should a Change of Address Be Notified to the Social Security Office?


Quick Answer

Individuals who receive Social Security benefits must contact the Social Security Administration to change the residential address on a case, in the event of a change in residence. This ensures that mail correspondence is not interrupted and benefit notifications are not delivered to the wrong address.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

An official change of address with the Social Security Administration can be completed online through the official website at ssa.org, or by calling the toll-free telephone number at 1-800-772-1213, from Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM. Those receiving benefits can also visit the local Social Security office and request that the address be changed in the system.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions