How Do You Report Employment Abuse in a VA Hospital?


Quick Answer

People can report instances of abuse, waste, mismanagement or criminal activity at a Veterans Affairs hospital using the Hotline form on the Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General website, notes the agency. The agency also provides contact information on its website through which people can submit complaints by phone, fax, email or U.S. mail.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General Hotline accepts complaints from both employees and the public, notes the agency's website. Complaints must be related to the operations and programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs and of a type not already handled by another agency or department. People can provide contact information to the agency when making complaints, can ask to make complaints in confidentiality and can make complaints anonymously.

People making complaints regarding employment abuse at a VA hospital must include information pertaining to the VA facility at which the abuse took place, the identities of the wrongdoers and victims, the alleged violations or other misconduct, and the effect of the wrongdoing, notes the agency's website. They must also provide a list of any witnesses to the events and submit copies of documents to support the allegations in the complaints. The Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General handles Hotline complaints by taking no further action, making a non-case referral to the facility at which the alleged wrongdoing occurred, or by opening a formal Hotline case if the allegations of abuse are especially serious.

Learn more about Law

Related Questions