How Do You Report an Address Change to Medicare?


Quick Answer

Report an address or name change to your Medicare card by calling the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213, as of July 2015, or by visiting your local office, the Department of Health and Human Services advises. The department's website offers a locator service to help find the nearest SSA office.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

You can also set up your own "my Social Security" website account to help you change your address as well as have access to a host of other online services, reports SSA. Setting up an account is quick and easy at the department's website. Along with changing your address, you can also choose the website to start or change the direct deposit function, get a replacement Medicare card if it was lost or stolen, and get replacement tax forms.

You do not have to be currently receiving benefits from Social Security to set up your account, states SSA. If you plan to receive benefits one day, you can set up your account to keep track of your earnings and make sure they have been correctly documented, get an estimate of future earnings if you are still working, and get a letter for proof of your benefits if you are currently receiving them. You can also choose to go green and receive your statements electronically and not in hard copy.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions