How Do You Get Your PFD in Alaska?


Quick Answer

To get a Permanent Fund Dividend in Alaska, become a permanent Alaskan resident, submit an application either online or on paper, and supply requested documentation. Applications must be submitted every year for each member of a household.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

  1. Become a resident of Alaska

    Prove you are an Alaskan resident and intend to remain in Alaska indefinitely. Physical presence alone does not establish residency. Use documents such as proof of home ownership, a rental agreement, a voter registration card, a motor vehicle registration, school records and employment records. Report qualifying absences, such as full-time college or vocational education, military duty, employment in the U.S. Merchant Marines, out-of-state medical treatment, serving in the U.S. Congress, or training for an Olympic sport.

  2. Submit an application

    To submit an online application, go to the Permanent Fund Dividend Division home page of the Alaska Department of Revenue website. As of 2014, applications are only available during the application period from January 1 to March 31. Exceptions to the deadline are available to those who are disabled and to active duty military personnel. Include only one individual on each form. Sign the forms using the printed signature page option or an electronic signature available through a myAlaska account.

  3. Supply requested documents

    First-time applicants must submit additional documents requested after the application, such as an original birth certificate, naturalization certificate or passport, within 30 days of the request date.

Learn more about Immigration

Related Questions