How Do You Get Paid to Live in Alaska?


Quick Answer

To get paid to live in Alaska, a person must meet the current year's eligibility requirements set by the Permanent Fund Dividend Division and file for an application within the PFD application season. Applications may be done online or in any PFD offices across the state.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Anyone who wants to be paid to live in Alaska must have lived in the state for at least a year, have established residency and have demonstrated an intention to live indefinitely in the state. Proof of establishing residency includes providing employment or school records, proof of home ownership or rent receipts, motor vehicle registration record, or voting record or vote registration. An individual must also sever residency in a previous state or country and be present in the state for at least 190 days in the previous calendar year.

A person who wants to be qualified for the PFD must not have previous records of conviction or incarceration due to felony charges during the previous year. The PFD Division also disqualifies individuals with previous records of misdemeanor conviction if the person has one count of felony conviction or two or more counts of misdemeanor charges since January 1997.

Non-U.S. citizens may also be eligible for the PFD if granted refugee status before January 1 of the qualifying year or if applying to convert to conditional or permanent status.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions