How Do I Find Organizations to Help Me Pay My Rent?


Quick Answer

Research provides a variety of programs that help with rent on a per-month or subsidized basis. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides housing vouchers, privately owned subsidized apartments and public housing to low-income citizens.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Many states offer rental assistance programs supported by the state government. Moreover, citizens can apply for grants to be used to pay for rent too. Grants vary by state.

Section 8 housing vouchers allow tenants to choose housing that meets the Public Housing Authority (PHA) requirements. Section 8 is offered in every county, but there is often a long waiting list or the funding has already been disbursed. Many counties offer individual rental assistance services in lieu of PHA funding.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions