Who Needs to Complete Form DS-3053 When Applying for a U.S. Passport?


Quick Answer

A parent of a minor child under the age of 16 who does not appear in person to apply for the minor child's passport must complete a DS-3053 form, according to U.S. Department of State. The form needs a notarized signature of the absent parent.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Item 3 on the Form DS-3053, titled "Statement of Consent," provides evidence that the absent parent agrees to the issuing of a passport for the minor child. The form needs to be less than three months old at the time of application for the passport, explains the U.S. Department of State. Each application for a new passport requires a new DS-3053 form.

Learn more about Immigration

Related Questions