What Do You Need to Know to Fill Out the Veteran's Aid and Attendance Application?


Quick Answer

There are a number of things that veterans need to know when filling out the Veteran's Aid and Attendance application, including income, employment history, discharge or separation details and medical conditions. The Aid and Attendance Improved Pension also requires a significant amount of documentation.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Documentation that is required to complete the Aid and Attendance application includes discharge or separation papers, copies of marriage certificates, copies of death certificates if applying as a surviving spouse and a copy of a current Social Security Award Letter. Applicants must also submit documentation of net worth, which can include bank accounts, trusts, annuities, stocks and CDs.

Proof of all income sources, proof of insurance premiums and physician statements are also required during the Aid and Attendance application process. If someone applies as a court appointed guardian of a veteran or veteran's spouse, he must also submit a certified copy of the court order. Employment history for applicants under the age of 65 must be submitted, as must a complete list of hospitals and doctors visited by the applicant in the previous year.

The Veteran's Aid and Attendance application also requires the completion of either VA Form 21-527EZ or VA Form 21-534EZ, depending on who the application is submitted for. Veterans must submit VA Form 21-527EZ, while spouses must submit VA Form 21-534EZ.

Learn more about Military

Related Questions