Several different fees apply when registering a copyright, depending on the applicant's situation. The lowest fee is $35 for a single application filed online.
Circumstances indicate which of the higher priced registration fees apply when a single application does not fill the applicant's needs.
- Copyright registrations filed on paper have an $85 fee.
- Copyright renewal registrations are $100.
- Group registrations are $25 for a serial with at least two installments.
- Registration fees for daily newspapers and newsletters is $80.
- Copyright registration for up to 750 photographs is $65.
- Groups of photographs can be registered online for $55.
- Supplementary registrations run from $100 up to $130.
- Preregistration services are also available for some works for a cost of $140.