What Are the Legal Forms for Terminating Parental Rights?


Quick Answer

Legal forms vary by state when requesting to terminate parental rights, but examples from Delaware State Courts include a the Petition for Termination of Parental Rights, an Information Sheet and a Custody Separate Statement. An Order of Reference and an Order of Hearing form is also necessary.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Some states require parents to file a form called a Preacipe in a Termination of Parental Rights Action, in addition to the Final Order for Termination of Parental Rights, explains Delaware State Courts. Depending on the parent's situation, courts may require an Affidavit of Non-Military Service, an Affidavit of Unknown Address and a Consent to Terminate and Transfer Parental Rights. A Waiver of Rights Under the Service Members' Civil Relief Act is required if the parent is enlisted in the military.

Learn more about Child Support & Custody

Related Questions