What Kinds of Job Training Does Service Canada Offer?


Quick Answer

Service Canada offers the Accelerated Economist Training Program, Federal Student Work Experience Program and Career Transition Services, among other programs. Service Canada serves all Canadians, including youth, veterans, older workers, people with disabilities and aboriginal people.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Accelerated Economist Training Program is available to all Canadians. The program prepares people to work in policy areas within the government. Applicants must have a master's level degree. Participants rotate through four different six-month placements across the Privy Council Office, the Department of Finance, the Treasury Board Secretariat and a department in the National Capital Region.

Federal organizations use the Federal Student Work Experience Program to recruit secondary school students for temporary jobs, giving students valuable career-training experiences. Students must have full-time student status at a recognized academic institution and must return to full-time academic study the next term. Agencies may only employ eligible students for one academic term, but may re-employ selected students for one academic term at a time as long as the students remain eligible for the program.

Canadian veterans can access Career Transition Services through Service Canada. This program assists veterans in finding civil employment through Veteran's Affairs Canada. Qualifying applicants can be reimbursed for career assessments, aptitude testing, resume writing, individual career counseling and the services of a professional recruiting agent.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions