What Kind of Housing Assistance Does the VA Provide?


Quick Answer

The VA provides housing assistance to veterans through several different programs including the HUD-VASH program. The HUD-VASH program is a joint project between the VA and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development that helps veterans obtain housing through the HUD program at a subsidized rate.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Other programs available through the VA that provide housing assistance to veterans are the Grant and Per Diem, or GPD, Program and the Acquired Property Sales for Homeless Providers Program. The GPD Program helps to provide transitional housing for veterans through grants for buying, building and renovating facilities used to provide shelter to homeless veterans, while the Acquired Property Sales for Homeless Providers Program makes properties acquired by the VA through foreclosure available for sale to organizations for sheltering homeless veterans.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions