The Henry County, Georgia, Superior Court divides its activities into judicial, real estate and family law divisions, explains the court's website. The judicial division also contains two criminal and civil record-keeping subdivisions. The judicial division provides administrative support to the court itself and is the conduit through which citizens initiate appeals of a lower court's decision, perform adoptions, obtain foreign judgements or authorize property seizures, outlines the division's page on the court's website.Continue Reading
The real estate division acts as the repository for all of Henry County's real estate documents, including deeds, liens and easements. This division also handles Uniform Commercial Code filings, commissions notaries public, registers trade names and serves notices to personal properties that have liens on them. Citizens can view the division's real estate records dating back to 1822 online, according to the division's page on the court's website.
The court building, built around a courthouse square in McDonough, Georgia, has a structure that dates back to 1823, and it has existed in its current form since 1897. Upon completion in 1897, the building's total cost was $13,000. The Golucke and Stewart firm designed the building, built by Frank P. Heifner out of brick and masonry with metal and wood cornices, explains the court's website.Learn more about Law