What Grants Are Available Through the USDA to Help Disabled People Buy Houses?


Quick Answer

The U.S. Department of Agriculture provides homeownership opportunities to persons with disabilities through grants and loans under its housing assistance program. This program has three alternatives: single-family housing direct home loans, multifamily housing rental assistance and single-family housing guaranteed loan program, says the USDA.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The single-family housing direct home loans reduce mortgage payments, which are determined by the adjusted family income. The applicants are required to have an adjusted income that is below the applicable low-income limit. The single-family housing guaranteed loan program provides funds for disabled individuals who would like to build, rehabilitate, improve or relocate in rural areas. The multifamily housing rental assistance supports USDA-financed rural rental housing and farm labor housing projects, reports the USDA.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions