What Government Programs Offer Subsidized Senior Living?


Quick Answer

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development provides subsidy assistance for senior housing through its Section 202 program. This funding provides capital investment and rent subsidies to allow senior citizens with very low incomes to afford housing with support services.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Section 202 housing assistance provides non-profit organizations with the funds necessary to acquire, build or maintain multi-family housing units designated for senior citizens age 62 or older. The program also provides rent subsidies for tenants. Housing providers who receive Section 202 assistance also supply tenants with supportive services for cooking, cleaning and transportation so that senior citizens can continue to live independently.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions