What Forms Are Required to Add Someone's Name to a Deed?

A quitclaim deed form is required in order to add someone's name to a current deed, according to SFGate. Filing the legal form cancels and replaces the old deed with a new one that includes both previous and new names.

A quitclaim deed can be purchased at office supply stores and bookstores. Rocketlawyer.com provides free quitclaim deed forms online, according to its website. After completing the form, a printed copy must be signed by a notary, available at most banks and legal offices. The complete, notarized form must then be filed at the county clerk's office for the county in which the home is located. There is often a fee to file the document, notes SFGate.