What Forms Are Needed to Transfer a Deed?


Quick Answer

Some of the forms needed to transfer a deed include a grant deed, a general warranty deed and a quitclaim deed, according to US Legal Forms. The type of real estate transaction determines the form that the parties use.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

A grant deed features two guarantees, where the seller indicates that no one previously bought the property and promises that the title of the property only contains the encumbrances revealed to the buyer, notes US Legal Forms.

Unlike a grant deed, a general warranty deed contains a third guarantee, which states that the title does not have any defects, explains US Legal Forms. This is irrespective of whether the previous holder caused any defects.

A quitclaim deed shows that the seller has interest in the property, explains US Legal Forms. It is ideal in case of divorce because it protects the buyer from future disputes between the divorcees.

Learn more about Law

Related Questions