What Forms Are Necessary for Termination of Parental Rights?

The forms that are necessary for the termination of parental rights vary by state. In Delaware, the filing party must submit a petition to terminate parental rights, a custody separate statement, and an information sheet, according to the Delaware State Courts. The courts also require a praecipe in a termination of parental rights action, an order of reference for the termination of parental rights, an order of hearing, and a final order for termination of parental rights.

Additional forms may be required in Delaware depending on the situation, according to the Delaware State Court website. If the filing party does not have an address for the parent, it is necessary to file an affidavit of unknown address. Other optional forms include the affidavit of non-military service and the waiver of rights under the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act.

In a parental rights termination case, Washington State requires a petition for the termination of parent-child relationship and a hearing, findings, and order regarding the termination of the parent-child relationship. The person who is filing may also need to submit an order that appoints a guardian ad litem, according to the Washington Courts.

In Colorado, the filing party must complete affidavits for relinquishment counseling and diligent efforts for relinquishment, as asserted by the Colorado Judicial Branch. Other required forms are the relinquishment interrogatories for the child's father and mother, the motion for publication of notice, and the order for publication of relinquishment.