How Do You Get Help Filling Out a Blank National Guard Dd214 Form?

Blank versions of the Department of Defense Report of Separation Form-214, commonly referred to as a DD-214, are filled out by the military branches and presented to veterans after their service term has ended. The form is completed with information from the veteran's service record per DoD Instruction 1336.1.

Only qualified personnel working for the DoD fill out blank forms. All veterans discharged after 1950 receive the same form regardless of service branch, type of discharge or dates of service. Members of the National Guard or reserve branches receive the same form. The form provides proof of military service, discharge type, dates of service, occupational specialty, rank and other personal information pertinent to a veteran.