How Do You File a Complaint for Immigration Marriage Fraud?

People reporting possible fraudulent marriages for immigration purposes can do so by telephone, mail or email to field offices of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), according to that agency. For security reasons, people sending sensitive information should do so by mail rather than email.

ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations field offices are the first point of contact for reporting suspected marriage fraud immigration cases, states ICE. The agency provides a contact form tool on its website ( for those wishing to email their concerns. ICE also provides phone numbers and addresses for each field office. People who believe they need additional help after contacting an ICE field office can email Enforcement and Removal Operations or call the ICE Detention and Reporting Information Line listed on the agency's website.

People can report incidents of suspected immigration marriage fraud in cases where they suspect a U.S. citizen was paid to marry a foreign national or did so as a favor, according to ICE. People can also report instances where they believe a foreign national entered the United States with the sole purpose of marrying a U.S. citizen who wanted a spouse and either party knew that the marriage was a fraud. People can report to ICE marriage frauds that they suspect were perpetrated against themselves or others in cases where a U.S. citizen believes a marriage is not fraudulent, but the foreign national entered the marriage for the purpose of gaining citizenship.