What Federal Agency Deals With Rural Development Issues?


Quick Answer

The Bureau of Land Management, part of the U.S. Department of the Interior, is the federal regulator most commonly involved in rural development issues. Land development is usually regulated by local, municipal and state governments.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Bureau of Land Management is responsible for administering more than 47 million acres of land in the United States. This compromises the majority of land in the American West. The bureau is responsible for planning, basic administration, infrastructure, recreation sites, water rights and other issues. Because power generation plants are often located in remote areas, the bureau also regulates power transmission for most rural cities.

Learn more about US Government

Related Questions