What Documents Does One Need to File a Biweekly Claim With the PA Unemployment Offices?


Quick Answer

When filing a biweekly claim with the Pennsylvania unemployment office, individuals need the UC-304 form, with completed work search activity records, and a claim information form. While the UC-304 is necessary for all filing methods, the claim information form is only needed for biweekly claims completed through the mail.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The claim information form includes the filer's identity and previous employment. The Pennsylvania unemployment office generally requires the completion of biweekly claims by telephone or online through the agency's website. However, if the filer has no access to a telephone or the Internet, the agency allows completion of the biweekly claim by mail using a claim information form.

Filers complete the UC-304 form with information about their efforts to find employment. Each week, benefit recipients must apply for at least two positions that are similar to their previous employment. The UC-304 form is completed with the potential employer's name and job title, as well as details about any job searches through the state's job bank.

When filing a biweekly claim, an individual must also report any income earned during the past two weeks. Earnings include all payments received in exchange for work performed. Failure to report earnings can result in disqualification from future benefit payments.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions