What Are Some Different Ways to Enforce a Court Order?


Quick Answer

In California, a parent can ask the police to enforce a court order if the other parent does not follow it regarding visitation or custody of a child, according to the Judicial Council of California. Another option is contacting the child abduction and recovery unit of the county district attorney.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

If the court order is a money judgment, the creditor can ask the court to enforce it through a wage garnishment or property lien, explains Nolo. In about half the states, a lien is automatically recorded against the debtor’s real property with the execution of a judgment. In the other states, the creditor must record a lien. If the debtor sells the property, the lien holder receives payment before the seller.

Learn more about Law

Related Questions