How Do You Get a Copy of Your DD214 Online?

Recent military personnel records, such as the DD-214 separation document, are not available online, but requests for paper copies of documents can be submitted through the eVetRecs online system. Online requests require that a separate verification form be mailed or faxed authorizing the records release, according to the National Archives.

The National Archives stores all military personnel and medical records at the National Personnel Records Center and is responsible for responding to records requests. Records for veterans who were discharged within 62 years of the request date are not accessible by the general public. Veterans, or the next of kin of deceased service members, must authorize the release of any personal information.